DAMA for South West WA
The South West region of Western Australia has entered into a Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA), to address skills shortages in its region. The South West WA DAMA provides increased flexibility for skilled migrants compared to the standard employer sponsored immigration programs. The key benefits of the DAMA include:
- Multiple visa options available: Subclass 482 TSS; 186 ENS; 494 SESR leading to 191 PESR.
- Offering permanent visa pathways for all 56 occupations in the South West WA DAMA Occupation list.
- Concessions on the Age, English language proficiency and Income threshold.
For 45 out of the 56 occupations classified as Skill Levels 1-4 in the South West WA DAMA Occupation list, the age concession applies to allow individuals up to the age of 55 to apply for permanent visas. For the 11 occupations classified as Skill Level 5 as listed below, the relevant age limit is 50.
- Dairy Cattle Farm Worker
- Dairy Products Maker
- Fruit or Nut Farm Worker
- Fruit or Nut Picker
- Hospitality Workers nec
- Mushroom Picker
- Sawmill or Timber Yard Worker
- Vegetable Farm Worker
- Vegetable Picker
- Vineyard Worker
English Language Concession
The English language proficiency concession is applicable to the 34 occupations as indicated in the table below:
|Automotive Electrician||Dairy Cattle Farm Worker||Hospitality Workers nec||Nursing support Worker||Truck Driver (General)|
|Aged or Disabled Worker||Dairy Products Maker||Loader Operator||Pastrycook||Tyre Fitter|
|Backhoe operator||Driller||Logging Plant Operator||Panelbeater||Vegetable Farm Worker|
|Baker||Earthmoving Plant Operator (General)||Motorcycle Mechanic||Residential Care Officer||Vegetable Picker|
|Concreter||Excavator Operator||Motor Mechanic (General)||Sand Blaster||Vineyard Worker|
|Concreter||Fruit or Nut Farm Worker||Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories Fitter (General)||Sawmill or Timber Yard Worker||Waiter|
|Diesel Motor Mechanic||Fruit or Nut Picker||Mushroom Picker||Steel Fixer|
482 TSS and 494 SESR Applicants:
- The concession applies to accept an IELTS score of 5.0 overall (or its equivalent), with no minimum score in each band, unless registration or licensing requires a higher level of English.
186 ENS Applicants:
- The English language concession does not apply to 186 ENS applicants. The competent English score must be achieved in this DAMA.
Other accepted English language tests are:
- Occupational English Test (OET);
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT);
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic test; or
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test.
Income Threshold Concession
As of July 1, 2023, the TSMIT increased from $53,900 to $70,000. However, for 46 out of the 56 occupations covered under the South West WA DAMA, this amount is reduced to $63,000. The occupations to which this concession does not apply are as follows.
- Civil Engineer 233211
- Construction Project Manager 133111
- Driller 712211
- Earthmoving Plant Operator (General) 721211
- Excavator Operator 721214
- General Practitioner 253111
- Loader Operator 721216
- Production or Plant Engineer 233513
- Sonographer 251214
- Transport Engineer 233215
Here are two (2) types of the income threshold concessions under this DAMA.
|Type 1||Type 2|
|Monetary Earnings||At least Reduced TSMIT||At least Reduced TSMIT|
(Food and Board)
|No more than 10% of|
Pathway to Permanent Visa
All occupations in the South West WA DAMA Occupation List offer access to the permanent visas. A TSS visa holder granted under an South West WA DAMA may also become eligible for an ENS visa after three (3) years. Similarly, a SESR visa holder granted under an South West WA DAMA may become eligible for a 191 visa after three (3) years.
*Please note that Skill level 5 occupations may be eligible for permanent residency pathway after four years, with at least two (2) years of this period at a skill level 4 occupation.