DAMA for Orana
The region of Orana in New South Wales has entered into a Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA), to address skills shortages in its region. The Orana DAMA provides increased flexibility for skilled migrants compared to the standard employer sponsored immigration programs. The key benefits of the Orana DAMA include:
- Permanent visa pathways for all 63 occupations in the Orana Occupations List through multiple visa options available: Subclass 482 TSS; 186 ENS; 494 SESR leading to 191 PESR.
- Concessions on the Age, English language proficiency, Income Threshold, Qualifications and Experience.
For occupations classified as Skill Levels 1-4, you will enjoy an extended age limit of up to 55 years. For Skill Level 5 occupations, the age concession offers an extended limit of up to 50 years.
English Language Concession
Employers seeking English concessions under the Orana DAMA must provide a clear rationale as part of their endorsement application. This explanation should articulate why a lower level of English proficiency is acceptable for the specified occupation. Additionally, careful consideration should be given to how workplace safety risks will be effectively managed for workers with lower English proficiency.
The general threshold for English concessions are:
482 TSS Applicants:
- Overall IELTS score of 5.0 overall (or its equivalent) is required, with a minimum IELTS score of 4.5 (or its equivalent) in each band, unless registration or licensing requires a higher level of English.
186 ENS Applicants:
- Overall IELTS score of 5.0 overall (or its equivalent) is required, with no component allowed to fall below IELTS 4.5 or its equivalent, except in cases where registration or licensing requires a higher level of English proficiency.
Additional concessions apply to the twenty-five (25) occupations listed below:
482 TSS and 494 SESR Applicants:
- Overall IELTS score of 5.0 overall (or its equivalent) is required, with no minimum score in each band, unless registration or licensing requires a higher level of English.
186 ENS Applicants:
- Overall IELTS score of 5.0 overall (or its equivalent) is required, with no component allowed to fall below IELTS 4.0 or its equivalent, except in cases where registration or licensing requires a higher level of English proficiency.
|Agricultural and Hoticultural Mobile Plant Operator||Chef||Meat Boner and Slicer||Metal Machinist (First Class)||Slaughterer|
|Agricultural Technician||Cook||Meat Process Worker||Miner||Slaughterer|
|Automotive Electrician||Diesel Motor Mechanic||Medical Laboratory Scientist||Mobile Plant Operators(nec)||Truck Driver (General)|
|Butcher or Smallgoods Maker||Fitter (General)||Metal Fabricator||Motor Mechanic (General)||Vehicle Painter|
|Carpenter||Fitter and Turner||Metal Fitters and Machinists (nec)||Panelbeater||Welder (First Class)|
Other accepted English language tests are:
- Occupational English Test (OET);
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT);
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic test; or
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test.
Minimum Income Concession
Here are two (2) types of TSMIT concessions.
|Type 1||Type 2|
|Monetary Earnings||At least Reduced TSMIT||At least Reduced TSMIT|
(Food and Board)
|No more than 10% of|
The 21 occupations shown in the table are eligible for the concessions.
|Accounts Clerk||Child Care Worker||Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Worker||Security Officer|
|Accounts Clerk||Cook||Mobile Plant Operators(nec)||Stonemason|
|Agricultural and Hoticultural Mobile Plant Operator||(Waiter) Food and Beverage Attendant||Nursing Support Worker||Truck Driver (General)|
|Agricultural Technician||Hospitality, Retail and Service Managers (nec)||Payroll Clerk|
|Bookkeeper||Meat Process Worker||Personal Care Assistant|
|Butcher or Smallgoods Maker||Medical Laboratory Scientist||Residential Care Officer|
Pathway to Permanent Visa
A pathway to permanent residence is available for all occupations in the Orana DAMA Occupations List through the ENS (subclass 186) visa, after having lived and worked in the Orana region for three (3) years on a TSS visa granted under the Orana DAMA.
Qualification and Experience Concession
Different concessions are in place for specific occupations in the Orana DAMA. Please refer to the ‘Qualifications and Experience Concessions‘ for more details.