DAMA for Goldfields
The region of Goldfields in Western Australia has entered into a Designated Area Migration Agreement (DAMA), to address skills shortages in its region. This region aggregates Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Shires of Coolgardie, Dundas, Esperance, Leonora, Menzies and Ravensthorpe. The Goldfields DAMA provides increased flexibility for skilled migrants compared to the standard employer sponsored immigration programs. The key benefits of the Goldfields DAMA include:s.
- Multiple visa options available: Subclass 482 TSS; 186 ENS; 494 SESR leading to 191 PESR.
- Offering permanent visa pathways for 125 occupations in the Goldfields DAMA Occupation list.
- Concessions on the English language proficiency and Income Threshold.
Among the 125 occupations specified in the Goldfields DAMA Occupation list, an age concession is applicable to individuals up to the age of 55 for 59 occupations, while for the remaining 67 occupations, the age concession is set at 50.
English Language Concession
English language concessions generally do not apply, except the 43 occupations as written below:
|Aged or Disabled Carer||Customer Service|
|Fitter and Turner||Metal Machinist (First|
Horticultural Mobile Plant
|Diesel Motor Mechanic||Fitter-Welder||Mixed Crop and Livestock|
|Asphalt Technician||Driller||Greenkeeper||Mobile Plant Operator|
|Sound and Light Technician|
|Automotive Electrician||Driller’s Assistant||Hairdresser||Nursing support worker||Sound Technician|
|Beef Cattle Farmer||Electrician (General)||Industrial Spraypainter||Personal Assistant||Sports Development|
|Light Technician||Personal Care Assistant||Vehicle Body Builder|
|Carpenter and Joiner||Electronic Instrument|
Trades Worker (Special
Class) [Precision Farming
|Locksmith||Rope Access Technician||Welder (First Class)|
|Chef||Fitness Centre Manager||Meat Boner and Slicer||Rubber Production|
Machine Operator (Belt
|Concrete Batching Plant|
|Fitter (General)||Metal Fabricator||Sales and Marketing|
482 TSS and 494 SESR Applicants:
- For the occupations listed above as recipients of the English concession, an IELTS score of 5.0 overall (or its equivalent) is required. The minimum band score requirements are as follows:
(1) Medium term stream: with no component allowed to fall below IELTS 5.0 or its equivalent.
(2) Short term stream: with no component allowed to fall below IELTS 4.5 or its equivalent.
186 ENS Applicants:
- An IELTS score of 5.0 overall (or its equivalent) is required, with no component allowed to fall below IELTS 4.5 or its equivalent.
Other accepted English language tests are:
- Occupational English Test (OET);
- Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT);
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic test; or
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test.
Effective July 1, 2023, the TSMIT increased from $53,900 to $70,000. However, for ten (10) occupations covered under the Goldfield DAMA, this amount is reduced to $63,000.
Here are two (2) types of TSMIT concessions.
|Type 1||Type 2|
|Monetary Earnings||At least Reduced TSMIT||At least Reduced TSMIT|
(Food and Board)
|No more than 10% of|
The ten (10) occupations shown in the below table are eligible for the minimum income concessions.
|Aged or Disabled Carer||Meat Boner and Slicer|
|Agriculture and Horticultural Mobile Plant Operator||Nursing Support Worker|
|Beef Cattle Farmer||Personal Care Assistant|
|Child Care Worker||Shearer|
|Family Day Care Educator||Slaughterer|
Pathway to Permanent Visa
The occupations in the Goldfield DAMA Occupation List offer access to a specific permanent visa pathway with the exception of the Driller’s Assistant. A TSS visa holder granted under the Goldfield DAMA may also become eligible for an ENS visa after three (3) years. Similarly, a SESR visa holder granted under the Goldfield DAMA may become eligible for a 191 visa after three (3) years.