An Australian visitor visa allows individuals to travel to Australia for tourism or business purposes for a period of up to 12 months. Whilst it has other subclasses, such as Subclass 601 Eletronic Travel Authority and Subclass 651 eVisitor, it generally refers to a Subclass 600 Visitor visa.
|Click to check your eligibility!|
There had been a long delay in the processing of visitor visas. This processing time has however reduced quite significantly. As at 17 January 2023,
- 25% of Subclass 600 applications are processed within 8 days.
- 50% of Subclass 600 applications are processed within 16 Days
- 75% of Subclass 600 applications are processed within 33 Days
- 90% of Subclass 600 applications are processed within 85 Days
To be eligible for a Tourist visa (subclass 600), you must:
- Have a valid passport
- Be able to prove that you will be financially strong for your stay in Australia
- Have an acceptable purpose for the visit
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have a genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia
- Be outside Australia when you apply and be granted your visa
It is important to note that a visitor visa does not allow individuals to work or study in Australia. If you wish to work or study in Australia, you will need to apply for a different type of visa that permits you to work. If so, we strongly recommend that you seek legal advice concerning your migration options.
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.