Business Visitor Stream
This stream is in place for applicants with intentions of entering Australia for touristic or business purposes. On this visa business visitors are not permitted to work in Australia, however certain business activities are allowed.
|Click to check your eligibility!
Genuine Temporary Entrant
You must satisfy the Department that you do not plan to stay in Australia indefinitely on this visa. Depending on which country you hold a passport of and what your circumstances are at home, the Department may formulate their own opinion with respect to your intention. If you are from an under-developed country, you may need to illustrate with evidence that you need to return home after your visit on this visa.
Business Visitor Means of Support
You must show that you are financially healthy to fund your travel. If the Department considers otherwise, your application would likely be refused.
Relevant Public Interest Criteria
All applicants must satisfy the following:
- 4001, 4002, 4003, 4004, 4005, 4011, 4013, 4014, 4020 and 4021.
Applicants under the age of 18 must also satisfy the following:
- 4012, 4017 and 4018.
Relevant Special Return Criteria
5001, 5002 and 5010.
Business Visitor Limitation on Stay
In some cases, you can apply for a visitor visa while you are in Australia on a different temporary visa. However, if you will be staying in Australia longer than 12 months in the last 18 months as a result of a visitor visa to be granted, your application would likely be refused.
Business Visitor Activity
Some of the business activities that is conventionally allowed include, but are not limited to:
- Making business or employment enquiries;
- Investigating, negotiating, “entering into” or renewing business contracts;
- Duties that are part of an official government visit;
- Participation in a conference, trade fair, seminar or similar.
You will not be able to work or supply services to an organisation or person based in Australia and you cannot sell goods or services to the general public, as these activities constitute work in the Australian migration scheme. Moreover, you cannot be paid for your participation in any conference, trade fair, seminar or similar event.
Business Visitor Visa Conditions
Conditions that must be imposed include:
- 8115: The holder must not work in Australia other than by engaging in a business visitor activity.
- 8201: While in Australia, the holder must not engage, for more than 3 months, in any studies or training.
Conditions that may be imposed include:
- 8503: The holder will not, after entering Australia, be entitled to be granted a substantive visa, other than a protection visa, while the holder remains in Australia.
Business Visitor Visa
Australian Visitor Visa
NSW | VIC | QLD | SA | WA