This visa is available for skilled workers who wish to live and work in Queensland permanently.
190 Migration Queensland criteria
- Points-test result of 80 or higher (except for Trades occupations*, which require 75 or higher)
- have an occupation on Home Affairs’ relevant list of eligible skilled occupations (LIN 19/051)
- have Proficient English or higher (except for Trades occupations*, which require Competent English).
- Evidence that you have been living in Queensland and undertaking full-time post-qualification employment (minimum of 35 hours per week) over the past 6 months in your nominated occupation immediately prior to submitting your EOI.
- Evidence of ongoing employment with a Queensland employer that is registered in Queensland for a further 12 months (minimum of 35 hours per week).
- Commit to living and working in Queensland for 2 years.
Caveats for Selected Occupations
- Accountants (General)
- Only applicants employed in an accounting firm will receive an invitation
- must be a CPA, CA or IPA, or are studying towards becoming a CPA, CA or IPA.
- Internal and External Auditors
- must have a job as an Auditor (not an Accountant).
- Cooks and Chefs
- No takeaway or fast-food businesses.
Migration Queensland has been inviting ‘decision ready applications’ who have registered through our recent ‘consideration for priority processing’ campaigns. A new registration campaign will open from Monday 3 April – Monday 10 April 2023, and you or your migration agent will be able to register your existing Skillselect EOI and details through our website.
Please note, only those that meet Queensland’s minimum criteria will be considered for invitation. Applicants who are invited must have their documents ready and uploaded within 7 days of being invited, and no extensions will be granted. Your patience is appreciated throughout this busy processing period, and processing times are currently at 4 – 6 weeks from the date of your invitation.
Labour hire employment
If you are employed through a labour hire company, make sure that they are registered in Queensland. All labour hire providers operating in Queensland must be licensed under the Labour Hire Licencing Act 2017, including those based interstate or overseas who supply workers in Queensland.
You will be required to provide evidence that your labour hire company complies with these registration requirements. Your Statement of service must be written by the company you have been placed within.
Review your eligibility criteria, visa conditions, and document checklist on the Department of Home Affairs website and the Migration Queensland website. Ensure that you meet both the Home Affairs Immigration Eligibility Criteria and Migration Queensland criteria and that you have all your documentation – including proof of registration, if required for your occupation – ready before you apply.
For Queensland state nomination, submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) with SkillSelect. Ensure that all information, such as work experience, is included in your EOI. Preference will be given to applicants who select “Queensland” as their nominating state.
Migration Queensland assesses all EOIs that meet the above Home Affairs Immigration Eligibility Criteria and Migration Queensland criteria. If you are successful, you will receive an email invitation to lodge an application and be requested to provide the documents required.
When you have received your invitation from Migration Queensland:
Migration Queensland will then review your application and request any further information.
Once Migration Queensland has received and approved your completed application, you will receive an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs to lodge your visa application. You will be given 60 days to lodge your application with them.