Significant Investor stream
To seek Queensland state nomination, you must:
- demonstrate a genuine commitment to Queensland.
- have net assets of at least A$5 million, which will be invested in Complying Investment in accordance to Complying Investment Framework (CIF)
Complying Investment Framework (CIF)
- 20% in Venture Capital & Growth Private Equity funds (VCPE) that invest in start-up and small private Companies
- 30% in approved managed funds that must invest in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- 50% in balancing investments of managed funds.
After holding this provisional visa for 3 years, you may be eligible to apply for the permanent residency (subclass 888 visa). The 188 – Significant Investor stream can be extended up to 2 times.
Review your eligibility criteria, visa conditions, and document checklist to ensure that you meet both the Home Affairs criteria and Migration Queensland criteria and that you have all your documentation ready before you apply.
For Queensland state nomination, submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) with SkillSelect. Ensure that all information is included in your EOI. Preference will be given to applicants who select “Queensland” as their nominating state of choice over applicants who select “Any” state.
Migration Queensland assesses all EOIs that meet the above Home Affairs and Migration Queensland criteria. If you are successful, you will receive an email invitation to lodge an application and be requested to provide the following documents.
- Queensland State Nomination Application form
- Home Affairs Form 1139A
- Passport Bio-page
When you have received your invitation from Migration Queensland:
Migration Queensland will then review your application and may contact you if further information is required.
Once Migration Queensland has received and approved your completed application, you will receive a confirmation of Queensland nomination and an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs to lodge your visa application. You will be given 60 days to lodge your visa application.
188C Significant Investor Visa
Australian Investor Visa
188C NSW | 188C VIC | 188C QLD | 188C SA | 188C WA