Small Business Owners
The Migration Queensland has a Small Business Owners (SBO) stream under the Subclass 491 Regional Skilled Visa scheme. This SBO stream could be pursued by:
Purchasing an existing business
- That has an occupation on LIN 19/051 relevant to 491.
- Purchase an existing business in an existing location, for a minimum of $100,000.
Starting a new business
- Have started and operated a profitable business in Queensland for at least 2 years immediately prior to submitting an EOI
- Minimum $200K turnover in the last 12 months.
491 SBO Criteria QLD
- No vendor financing
- No company share transfer (must have a contract of business sale)
- Applicants cannot purchase a business from a family member
- Applicants cannot purchase a business previously owned by a 491-SBO applicant
- Commission agents or leasing agents of franchises (such as petrol stations), and home-based businesses (including those with virtual offices) will not be considered.
- Applicants must operate their business for at least 3 years in a regional area (may be subject to monitoring).
Applicants need to be aware of this condition prior to committing to this visa stream.