- Must demonstrate a genuine commitment to Queensland.
- Must have net business and personal assets of at least A$3 million ready to be transferred to Queensland, Australia (including A$2.5 million for Complying Investment and A$500,000 for Settlement in Queensland).
Complying Investment Framework (CIF)
- 20% in Venture Capital & Growth Private Equity funds (VCPE) that invest in start-ups and small private companies.
- 30% in approved managed funds that must invest in emerging companies listed on the Australian Stock Exchange.
- 50% in balancing investments of managed funds.
Review your eligibility criteria, visa conditions, and document checklist to ensure that you meet both the Home Affairs criteria and Migration Queensland criteria and that you have all your documentation ready before you apply.
For Queensland state nomination, submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) with SkillSelect. Ensure that all information, such as employment experience, is included in your EOI. Preference will be given to applicants who select “Queensland” as their nominating state of choice over applicants who select “Any” state.
Migration Queensland assesses all EOIs that meet the above Home Affairs and Migration Queensland criteria. If you are successful, you will receive an email invitation to lodge an application and be requested to provide the following documents.
- Queensland State Nomination Application form
- Summary of your business and investment background
- Home Affairs Form 1139A(showing the last three financial years)
- Passport Bio-page
When you have received your invitation from Migration Queensland:
Migration Queensland will then review your application and may contact you if further information is required.
Once Migration Queensland has received and approved your completed application, you will receive a confirmation of Queensland nomination and an invitation from the Department of Home Affairs to lodge your visa application. You will be given 60 days to lodge your application with them.
188B Investor Visa
Australian Investor Visa
188B NSW | 188B VIC | 188B QLD | 188B SA | 188B WA