188 Investment Extension Visa
The transition between the Subclass 188 and Subclass 888 can be challenging, requiring substantial commitment from prospective migrants. Fortunately, for Subclass 188C Significant Investor Visa holders, it is possible to extend your Subclass 188 visa whilst you continue to work towards meeting Subclass 888 criteria.
Investment Visa Extension Criteria
To qualify for a Subclass 188C extension, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Subclass 188C visa under either the Significant Investor for at least three (3) years or Significant Investor Extension streams.
- Have not held more than one (1) Subclass 188C visa under Significant Investor Extension stream.
- Continue to hold your Complying Investment.
188C Extension State Nomination Criteria
Once your Visa is Granted
This visa permits you to live and work in Australia for a period of an additional 6 to 9 years, depending on when you were issued your invitation to apply. You must meet the Subclass 888C Significant Investor stream criteria in order to transition to permanent residency.
188C Extension Costs
- Base application charge: $1,135
- Additional applicant charge for an applicant who is at least 18: $575
- Additional applicant charge for an applicant who is less than 18: $285