From 1 July 2023, the pre-pandemic rules relating to the “Graduate Work Stream” of the Subclass 485 visa will be coming back into force. This additional criteria are as follows:
 You will need to have a qualification relevant to an occupation on a skilled occupation list.
 At the time of your application, you must either:
- Have a valid skills assessment for your nominated skilled occupation. This skills assessment must be specifically intended for the Subclass 485 visa. or,
- have applied for such a skills assessment. This skills assessment must be successful in order for the visa to be granted.
Who is Graduate Work visa for?
The Graduate Work Stream of the Subclass 485 visa is designed for recently graduated international students who have skills and qualifications relevant to specific occupations required by Australia. This visa allows the holders to stay and work in Australia for a period of up to 18 months. Additionally, it provides the option to bring family members along.
In addition to the above, there are other requirements which need to be met:
- Age: The applicant must be less than 50 years of age at the time of application.
- Eligible visa: The applicant must hold an eligible visa.
- Student visa history: The applicant must have held a student visa within 6 months of their Subclass 485 visa application.
- Health insurance: Adequate proof of health insurance coverage must be provided at the time of application.
- AFP check: Proof of having applied for an Australian Federal Police (AFP) check must be provided at the time of application.
- English proficiency: The applicant must provide proof of required English proficiency with the application.
There may have been further updates or changes to the Subclass 485 (Graduate Work stream). Hence, it is recommended to schedule a consultation with authorised immigration lawyers for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.