For applicants whose provisional visa was nominated by NSW after 1 July 2021.
Personal and business assets
For the 12 months immediately before you apply for NSW nomination, you or your partner (or you and your partner together) must show at least:
- net personal and business assets of at least:
- A$1,500,000 – Sydney
- A$600,000 – Regional NSW
- net business assets of at least:
- A$600,000 – Sydney
- A$200,000 – Regional NSW
While holding your provisional visa, you must have made an investment into your business of at least:
- A$500,000 – Sydney
- A$300,000 – Regional NSW
Creating new jobs in NSW
You must have created a minimum of two new full time equivalent jobs while holding your provisional visa. Employees must work in your main business (or main businesses) and:
- be Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents, or holders of valid New Zealand passports
- not be members of your family
If you purchased an existing business
You must show growth in the business since taking over through either an:
- increase in annual turnover of at least 10%, or
- increase in business assets of at least 25%
You may be exempt from the job creation and business growth requirement if your eligible business:
- has implemented innovative practices that did not previously exist in the marketplace, or
- is located in Regional NSW and trades primarily in a Regional NSW target sector
For applicants whose provisional visa was nominated by NSW before 1 July 2021.
You must be involved in a business(es) that has been actively operating throughout the last two years.
This would usually be shown in each quarter by at least one of the following:
- substantial sales revenue
- leasing or owning of a business premises
- employment of staff
- significant capital investment (not including purchase of a motor vehicle)
- substantial purchase of stock.
Net assets and job creation
You must meet at least two of the following three requirements:
- Your business(es) employed at least the equivalent of two full-time employees (who are not family members) throughout the last 12 months;
- The net value of your (or your and your spouse’s combined) personal and business assets in Australia has been:
- A$900,000 if your business is in Sydney, or
- A$600,000 if your business is in Regional NSW
- The net value of your (or your and tour spouse’s combined) assets in your business(es) in NSW is at least:
- A$300,000 if your business is in Sydney, or
- A$200,000 if your business is in Regional NSW
Management of business
You must be actively involved in managing the business(es). As a guide, most small businesses require only one manager who usually controls more than 51% of the shareholding.
If your business is in Sydney:
- You must have invested at least A$500,000 in your business for at least the last 12 months
If your business is in Regional NSW:
- You must have invested at least A$300,000 in your business for at least the last 12 months
The business investment must be in property, plant & equipment, inventory, or purchased goodwill. This definition applies to businesses in Sydney and Regional NSW.
Successful business career
You must provide a full resume of your business career and responsibilities demonstrating a successful business career.
Business in Regional NSW
If you were nominated for your provisional visa based on your intention to migrate to Regional NSW, you must demonstrate that your business activity was undertaken in Regional NSW.
888A Permanent Visa
Australian Business Visa
888A NSW | 888A VIC | 888A QLD | 888A SA