Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/vocational-education-teachers?occupationCode=2422
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Vocational Education Teachers / Polytechnic Teachers teach one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at technical and further education (TAFE) institutes, polytechnics and other training institutes to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification or a postgraduate diploma in adult education
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- identifying the various needs of students and creating effective learning options to meet these needs
- liaising with individuals, industry and education sectors to ensure provision of relevant programs and services
- planning, designing and developing course curriculum and method of instruction
- advising students on courses and related matters
- teaching students using teaching aids including presentation of lesson materials, discussions, workshops, laboratory sessions, multimedia aids and computer tutorials
- marking and grading students’ assignments, papers and exams and providing feedback to students about their progress
- maintaining records of students’ progress, attendance and training activities
- consulting with Education Managers, Librarians, Student Counsellors and other support
242211 Vocational Education Teacher / Polytechnic Teacher ANZSCO
Teaches one or more subjects within a prescribed course of study at a technical and further education (TAFE) institute, polytechnic or other training institute to tertiary students for vocational education and training purposes. Registration or licensing may be required
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Regional
- Adult Education Teacher
- TAFE Lecturer
- TAFE Teacher
- Workplace Trainer and Assessor
The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.