Where these jobs are in Australia
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Retail and Wool Buyers select and buy goods for resale in retail establishments, and value and buy wool sold by wool growers.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- monitoring sales data and stock levels, and studying trade, manufacturers’ and market information to keep informed of changing market conditions
- negotiating purchase, promotion and supply arrangements with suppliers
- designing and implementing pricing, marketing, promotional and display strategies
- liaising with management on long-term planning and sales promotions
- establishing working plans according to seasonal and budgetary requirements
- anticipating consumer trends and determining quantity, style and quality of goods to be purchased
- inspecting, comparing, selecting and valuing wool by determining colour, yield, micron and length
- inspecting and buying wool at auction, in wool brokers’ stores and in farm sheds
- receiving samples from scoured wool exchanges
- may visit freezing works to buy slipe wool
639211 Retail Buyer ANZSCO
Selects and buys goods for resale in a retail establishment.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: Short Term
- Merchandise Planner
(a) is based in a front‑line retail setting; or
(b) predominantly involves direct client transactional interaction on a regular basis.
639212 Wool Buyer ANZSCO
Values and buys wool sold by wool growers.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: N/A
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.