Where these jobs are in Australia
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Physiotherapists assess, treat and prevent disorders in human movement caused by injury or disease.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification
Registration or licensing is required.
- administering muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests to identify and assess physical problems of patients
- designing treatment programs to address patients’ problems
- treating patients to reduce pain, improve circulation, strengthen muscles, improve cardiothoracic, cardiovascular and respiratory functions, restore joint mobility, and improve balance and coordination
- using the therapeutic properties of exercise, heat, cold, massage, manipulation, hydrotherapy, electrotherapy, ultraviolet and infra-red light and ultrasound in the treatment of patients
- reviewing, continually monitoring, assessing and evaluating programs and treatments
- consulting with other Health Professionals as required about patients’ problems, needs and progress
- instructing patients and their families in procedures to be continued at home
- recording treatments given and patients’ responses and progress
- developing and implementing screening and preventative health promotion programs
252511 Physiotherapist ANZSCO
Assesses, treats and prevents disorders in human movement caused by injury or disease. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Long Term
- Physical Therapist
- Aquatic Physiotherapist
- Cardiothoracic Physiotherapist
- Continence and Women’s Health Physiotherapist
- Gerontological Physiotherapist
- Māori Physiotherapist (NZ)
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
- Neurological Physiotherapist
- Occupational Health Physiotherapist
- Paediatric Physiotherapist
- Sports Physiotherapist
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.