Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/painting-trades-workers?occupationCode=3322
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Painters apply paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures. Painters (Visual Arts), Vehicle Painters and Industrial Spraypainters are excluded from this unit group.
Painters (Visual Arts) are included in Unit Group 2114 Visual Arts and Craft Professionals. Vehicle Painters are included in Unit Group 3243 Vehicle Painters. Industrial Spraypainters are included in Unit Group 7112 Industrial Spraypainters.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
Registration or licensing may be required
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- erecting scaffolding and ladders, and placing drop sheets to protect adjacent areas from paint splattering
- preparing surfaces by removing old paint and wallpaper, fixing woodwork, filling holes and cracks, and smoothing and sealing surfaces
- selecting and preparing paints to required colours by mixing portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying additives
- applying paints, varnishes and stains to surfaces using brushes, rollers and sprays
- hanging wallpaper, matching patterns and trimming edges
- cleaning equipment and work areas
- may repair windows and replace glass in wooden and metal frames
332211 Painter ANZSCO
Applies paint, varnish, wallpaper and other finishes to protect, maintain and decorate surfaces of buildings and structures. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: Long Term
Painter and Decorator
- House Painter
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.