Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/occupational-environmental-health-professionals?occupationCode=2513
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Occupational and Environmental Health Professionals develop, implement and evaluate policies and programs to monitor environmental health and occupational health and safety and related legislation to ensure safe and healthy working conditions, and assist injured staff through the workers’ compensation and rehabilitation process.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification
Registration or licensing may be required.
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- developing, implementing and reviewing environmental health management plans and occupational health and safety plans
- preparing and implementing plans and strategies for the safe, economic, and suitable disposal of commercial, industrial, medical and household wastes
- advising on and enforcing legislation, implementing prevention programs and strategies for communicable diseases, food safety, waste water treatment and disposal systems, recreation and domestic water quality, contaminated and hazardous substances, and minimising air, sea, water and noise pollution to improve health outcomes
- identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks in the workplace
- developing, implementing and monitoring programs minimising workplace and environmental pollution involving chemical and physical hazards
- promoting ergonomic principles within the workplace such as matching furniture, equipment and work activities to the needs of employees
- inspecting and auditing workplaces, processes, plant, and chemical and physical hazards for legislative compliance
- training employees in personal protective equipment and safe working procedures
- recording and investigating injuries and equipment damage, and reporting safety performance
- coordinating the return of injured workers into the workplace
251311 Environmental Health Officer ANZSCO
Develops, enforces and evaluates environmental health policies, programs and strategies to improve health outcomes, and oversees the implementation and monitoring of environmental health legislation. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Regional
- Food Safety Auditor
- Food Safety Officer
The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
251312 Occupational Health and Safety Adviser ANZSCO
Develops, implements and evaluates risk management policies and programs, trains employees in occupational health and safety procedures, monitors and audits the workplace, and records and investigates incidents to ensure safe and healthy working conditions.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Short Term
Occupational Health and Safety Coordinator
Occupational Health and Safety Officer
- Occupational Hygienist
- Workplace Rehabilitation Officer
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.