Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/medical-laboratory-scientists?occupationCode=2346
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Medical Scientists conduct medical tests to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases and health conditions.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- preparing tissue sections for microscopic examination
- examining and analysing samples to study the effects of microbial infections
- developing techniques to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease and respiratory or sleep disorders
- advising Medical Practitioners on the interpretation of tests and methods used in diagnosis and treatment
- setting up the steps and rules of medical testing
- operating and maintaining laboratory and testing equipment
- maintaining laboratory and testing quality assurance and safety standards
- preparing scientific papers and reports
234611 Medical Laboratory Scientist ANZSCO
Conducts medical laboratory tests to assist in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Long Term
Medical Scientific Officer
- IVF Embryologist
234612 Respiratory Scientist ANZSCO
Conducts lung function tests to support the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory and sleep disorders, in consultation with other medical professionals.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: N/A
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.