Where these jobs are in Australia
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Massage Therapists perform therapeutic massage and administer body treatments for health, fitness and remedial purposes.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- massaging the soft tissues of the body, such as muscles, tendons and ligaments, to assist healing
- utilising a range of massage techniques to enhance sports performance and prevent injury
- administering treatments to promote relaxation, improve circulation and relieve muscle tension
- assessing and treating specific soft tissue dysfunction and providing rehabilitation advice
- employing other techniques, such as acupressure or Shiatsu, and complementary aids, such as infra-red lamps, wet compresses, ice, essential oils and herbal and mineral therapies, to assist recovery
- assessing client’s physical condition and case history and advising on stretching exercises and relaxation techniques
411611 Massage Therapist ANZSCO
Performs therapeutic massage and administers body treatments for relaxation, health, fitness and remedial purposes.
Skill Level: 2
Skilled Occupations List: Short Term
- Chinese (Tui-Na) Masseur
- Remedial Masseur
- Shiatsu Therapist
- Sports Medicine Masseur
- Thai Masseur
(a) is not a full‑time position; or
(b) is not based in a therapeutic setting; or
(c) involves the provision of non‑medical relaxation massage; or
(d) is in a retail setting.
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.