Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/librarians?occupationCode=2246
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Librarians develop, organise and manage library services such as collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- developing and implementing library and information policies and services
- examining publications and materials, interviewing publishers’ representatives, and consulting with others to select library materials
- reviewing, evaluating and modifying services in response to user needs
- providing assistance to clients in accessing library resources
- managing library systems for recording and organising library holdings, acquisitions and purchases, reader registrations and loan transactions, and supervising indexing, filing and retrieval activities
- managing inter-library loan systems and information networks
- undertaking information research activities on behalf of clients
- selecting, ordering, classifying and cataloguing library and information resources
- monitoring collection development and culling programs
- supervising and training other library staff
- may plan and direct library promotion and outreach activities
224611 Librarian ANZSCO
Develops, organises and manages library services such as collections of information, recreational resources and reader information services. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Short Term
- Acquisitions Librarian
- Audiovisual Librarian
- Children’s Librarian
- Corporate Librarian
- Legal Librarian
- Multicultural Services Librarian
- Parliamentary Librarian
- Reference Librarian
- Special Librarian
- Special Needs Librarian
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.