Where these jobs are in Australia
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Intelligence and Policy Analysts collect and analyse information and data to produce intelligence and to develop and analyse policies guiding the design, implementation and modification of government and commercial operations and programs.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- determining organisational and client intelligence requirements
- organising, collecting, collating and analysing data, and developing intelligence information such as electronic surveillance
- compiling and disseminating intelligence information using briefings, maps, charts, reports and other methods
- ascertaining the accuracy of data collected and reliability of sources
- conducting threat and risk assessments and developing responses
- liaising and consulting with program administrators and other interested parties to identify policy needs
- reviewing existing policies and legislation to identify anomalies and out-of-date provisions
- researching social, economic and industrial trends, and client expectations of programs and services provided
- formulating and analysing policy options, preparing briefing papers and recommendations for policy changes, and advising on preferred options
- assessing impacts, financial implications, interactions with other programs and political and administrative feasibility of policies
224411 Intelligence Officer ANZSCO
Collects and analyses information and data to produce intelligence for an organisation to support planning, operations and human resource functions.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: N/A
- Criminal Intelligence Analyst
- Defence Intelligence Analyst
224412 Policy Analyst ANZSCO
Develops and analyses policies guiding the design, implementation and modification of government or commercial operations and programs.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Regional
- Policy Adviser
- Research and Evaluation Analyst (NZ)
- Foreign Policy Officer
The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.