Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/general-managers?occupationCode=1112
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
General Managers plan, organise, direct, control and review the day-to-day operations and major functions of commercial, industrial, government and defence organisations through departmental managers and subordinate executives.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning policy, and setting standards and objectives for organisations
- providing day-to-day direction and management of organisations, and directing and endorsing policy to fulfil objectives, achieve specific goals, and maximise profit and efficiency
- assessing changing situations and responding accordingly by issuing commands and directives to subordinate staff
- consulting with immediate subordinates and departmental heads on matters such as methods of operation, equipment requirements, finance, sales and human resources
- authorising the funding of major policy implementation programs
- representing the organisation at official occasions, in negotiations, at conventions, seminars, public hearings and forums, and liaising between areas of responsibility
- preparing, or arranging for the preparation of, reports, budgets and forecasts, and presenting them to governing bodies
- selecting and managing the performance of senior staff
- may undertake responsibility for some or all of accounting, sales, marketing, human resources and other specialist operations
111211 Corporate General Manager ANZSCO
Plans, organises, directs, controls and reviews the day-to-day operations and major functions of a commercial, industrial, governmental or other organisation through departmental managers and subordinate executives.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Long Term
Chief Operating Officer
- Assistant Commissioner (Police)
- Hospital Administrator
- Kaiwhakahaere (NZ)
- Managing Editor
- Trade Union Secretary
(a) the position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD180,001; and
(b) if the nominee is to be transferred to fill the position—the transfer is not an intra‑corporate transfer to which an international trade obligation applies.
111212 Defence Force Senior Officer ANZSCO
Plans, organises, directs, controls and reviews the day-to-day operations and major functions of organisational units of the Australian or New Zealand Defence Forces through subordinate officers.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: N/A
Air Force Senior Officer
Army Senior Officer
Navy Senior Officer
- Air Chief Marshal (Air Force)
- Air Commodore (Air Force)
- Air Marshal (Air Force)
- Air Vice Marshal (Air Force)
- Group Captain (Air Force)
- Wing Commander (Air Force)
- Brigadier (Army)
- Colonel (Army)
- General (Army)
- Lieutenant Colonel (Army)
- Lieutenant General (Army)
- Major General (Army)
- Admiral (Navy)
- Captain (Navy)
- Commander (Navy)
- Commodore (Navy)
- Rear Admiral (Navy)
- Vice Admiral (Navy)
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.