Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/floor-finishers?occupationCode=3321
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Floor Finishers measure, cut, install and repair carpet, timber, vinyl, resilient resin and concrete floor coverings.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
Registration or licensing may be required.
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- measuring areas to be covered and consulting plans to estimate quantities of floor covering materials required
- preparing surfaces for covering and removing baseboard trims
- measuring, cutting and fixing underlay materials
- laying coverings, such as carpets, linoleum, parquetry blocks, cork tiles and other resilient flooring materials, over floors, matching patterns, cutting shapes around fixtures and trimming edges
- securing floor coverings and fitting edge trims in doorways
- sanding, staining and applying finishing coatings to timber floors
- mixing and applying resin flooring systems
- may polish concrete floors
- may install wall, ceiling, counter and bench coverings
332111 Floor Finisher ANZSCO
Measures, cuts, installs and repairs carpet, timber, vinyl, resilient resin and concrete floor coverings. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: Regional
- Carpet Layer
- Floor Sander
- Timber Floor Installer
- Vinyl Layer
The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.