Where these jobs are in Australia
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Fire and Emergency Workers attend emergencies to minimise risk to community safety and security and protect life and property.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
Registration or licensing may be required
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- attending the scene of fires and other emergencies reported to authorities
- rescuing and evacuating people stranded or trapped in dangerous situations
- operating pumps, spraying water, foam and chemicals from hoses, portable extinguishers and other appliances to extinguish fires and to disperse or neutralise dangerous substances
- cutting openings in buildings and crashed vehicles to free occupants
- maintaining site security systems
- administering first aid
- attending and participating in training activities, rescue classes, drills, demonstrations and courses in emergency and fire-fighting techniques
- training recruits in emergency procedures and practices
- visiting buildings and potential fire hazards to study access points and locations of hydrants
- maintaining tools and equipment
441211 Emergency Service Worker ANZSCO
Attends the scene of emergencies to minimise risk to community safety and security.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: Regional
- Emergency Response Officer
- Industrial Paramedic
The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
441212 Fire Fighter ANZSCO
Responds to fire alarms and emergency calls, controls and extinguishes fires, and protects life and property. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: N/A
- Fire Engineer (Army)
- Fire Prevention Officer
- Leading Firefighter
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.