Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/electrical-distribution-trades-workers?occupationCode=3422
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Electrical Distribution Trades Workers prepare, install, repair, maintain and patrol electric power distribution networks.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
Registration or licensing may be required.
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- installing conductors and aerial equipment, and underground cables and equipment
- installing and maintaining equipment associated with electrical supply such as transformers
- attending to electrical breakdown and emergencies
- maintaining poles and associated hardware, and continuity of electrical supply and street lighting
- conducting routine maintenance on the aerial and underground electricity supply network
- conducting low-voltage switching operations
- fitting pole hardware and crossarms
- preparing low- and high-voltage cable joints and cable terminations while connecting and installing electrical equipment and overhead lines
- using heavy plant equipment such as elevated work platforms and portable equipment such as hydraulic drills
- may undertake substation installation and maintenance, and specialised testing and revenue meter installation
342211 Electrical Linesworker / Electrical Line Mechanic ANZSCO
Installs, maintains, repairs and patrols electrical sub-transmission and distribution systems. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: Regional
- Electrical Linesworker (Distribution) / Electrical Line Mechanic (Distribution)
- Electrical Linesworker (Transmission) / Electrical Line Mechanic (Transmission)
- Railway Traction Line Worker
The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
The position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD90,000.
342212 Technical Cable Jointer ANZSCO
Joins insulated electric power cables installed in underground conduits and trenches, and prepares cable terminations for connection to electrical equipment and overhead lines. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: Long Term
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.