Where these jobs are in Australia
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Economists perform economic research and analysis, develop and apply theories about production and distribution of goods and services and people’s spending and financial behaviour, and provide advice to governments and organisations on economic policy issues. Statisticians are excluded from this unit group.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification
- analysing interrelationships between economic variables and studying the effects of government fiscal and monetary policies, expenditure, taxation and other budgetary policies on the economy and the community
- researching, analysing and assessing the effects of labour market programs and industry policies and programs on economic growth, welfare, education and training
- investigating international and national economic situations, and particular features such as industries, regions and socioeconomic groups
- studying workplace issues such as enterprise bargaining and wage fixation, and the effect of workplace policies on productivity and economic growth
- analysing trends and advising on economic issues such as taxation levels, prices, employment and unemployment, imports and exports, and interest and exchange rates
- forecasting changes in the economic environment for short-term budgeting, long-term planning and investment evaluation
- formulating recommendations, policies and plans for the economy, corporate strategies and investment, and undertaking feasibility studies for projects
- preparing reports on research findings
224311 Economist ANZSCO
Performs economic research and analysis, develops and applies theories about production and distribution of goods and services and people’s spending and financial behaviour, and provides advice to governments and organisations on economic policy issues.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Long Term
- Economic Analyst
- Agricultural Economist
- Economic Forecaster
- Environmental Economist
- Health Economist
- Labour Market Economist
- Mineral Economist
- Taxation Economist
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.