Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/diversional-therapists?occupationCode=4113
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Diversional Therapists plan, design, coordinate and implement recreation and leisure-based activity programs to support, challenge and enhance the psychological, spiritual, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of individuals.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
Registration or licensing may be required.
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning and implementing leisure activity programs for individuals in health care and in the community to assist in their social development, and promote their sense of wellbeing
- identifying individual needs through task analysis
- evaluating and assessing clients’ levels of abilities, interests, needs, strengths and weaknesses, and their ability to carry out a range of tasks and interact with others
- maintaining a knowledge of resources available within a facility and within the community
- organising leisure and recreational events
- assisting with training and supervising volunteers and staff
- providing information on available support resources within the local community
- encouraging and supporting clients to take part in activities suited to their particular needs and interests
- adapting programs to suit individual clients’ needs, interests, skills and abilities
411311 Diversional Therapist ANZSCO
Plans, designs, coordinates and implements recreation and leisure-based activity programs to support, challenge and enhance the psychological, spiritual, social, emotional and physical wellbeing of individuals. Registration or licensing may be required.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: Short Term
- Activities Coordinator
- Activities Officer
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.