Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/chemical-gas-petroleum-power-plant-operators?occupationCode=3992
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Chemical, Gas, Petroleum and Power Generation Plant Operators control the operation of chemical production equipment, pump gas and oil from wellheads, refine and process petroleum products, and operate boilers, turbogenerators and associated plant to generate electrical power.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
Registration or licensing may be required.
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- controlling equipment performing continuous and batch processes to process chemicals and natural gas, manufacture refined petroleum products, and blend petroleum base stocks to produce commercial fuels, lubricating oils and asphalt
- controlling the preparation, measuring and feeding of raw material and processing agents such as catalysts and filtering media into plant
- patrolling and inspecting equipment to ensure proper operation and setting operating controls on equipment
- analysing samples and readings and recording test data
- controlling records of production, quantities transferred and details of blending and pumping operations
- checking equipment for malfunctions
- inspecting, repairing, servicing and maintaining equipment
- operating power generation plant controls to produce required load
- monitoring operation of power generation plant and interpreting instrument readings
- authorising procedures to isolate high-voltage and low-voltage electrical apparatus and plant
- writing reports and maintaining records on equipment performance, instrument readings and switching operations
- carrying out routine operating tests
399211 Chemical Plant Operator ANZSCO
Controls the operation of chemical production plant.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: N/A
- Chemicals Distiller
- Chemicals Fermentation Operator
- Industrial Gas Production Operator
- Paint Maker
- Pharmaceutical Plant Operator
- Pilot Plant Operator
399212 Gas or Petroleum Operator ANZSCO
Operates equipment to pump oil and gas from wellheads, and refine and process petroleum products.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: Short Regional
- Gas Compressor Turbine Operator
- Petroleum Blending Plant Operator
- Petroleum Terminal Plant Operator
- Refinery Pipeline Operator
Oil and Gas Well Treatment Operator
Oil, Gas and Pipe Tester
Petroleum and Gas Refining and Pumping Operator
The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
The position has nominated annual earnings of less than AUD120,000.
399213 Power Generation Plant Operator ANZSCO
Operates boilers, turbogenerators and associated plant to generate electrical power. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: Short Term
- Wind Turbine Technician
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.