Where these jobs are in Australia
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Cabinet and Furniture Makers fabricate and install cabinetry, and fabricate, assemble and repair wooden and cane furniture, and fit and assemble prepared wooden parts to make furniture.
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- examining drawings, work orders and sample parts to determine specifications
- selecting and working with materials such as timber, veneers, particle board, synthetic wood and other engineered wood products
- programming and controlling computer-aided design and computer numerical control machines to mark out, cut and shape components
- working from drawings and specifications to make cabinets and furniture
- installing cabinetry in bathrooms and kitchens and commercial fitouts
- making fittings for boats, caravans and other items where fine detail is required
- assembling parts to form sections of cabinets and furniture and completed articles
- applying protective coatings to cabinets and furniture
- fitting hinges, locks, catches, drawers, shelves and other associated hardware
- making frames for chairs and couches
- may make reproduction furniture
- may repair and refurbish furniture including antiques
394112 Cabinet Maker ANZSCO
Fabricates, assembles and installs kitchen and bathroom cabinetry, and wardrobes, counters and other fittings from wood and laminates.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: Long Term
Skills Assessment Authority: VETASSESS
Please see the link for the factsheet of this occupation.
- Cabinet Installer
- Kitchen Installer
- Wardrobe Installer
394113 Furniture Maker ANZSCO
Fabricates and repairs freestanding furniture from timber, veneers, laminates and cane.
Furniture Finishers are excluded from this occupation. Furniture Finishers are included in Unit Group 3942 Wood Machinists and Other Wood Trades Workers, in Occupation 394211 Furniture Finisher.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: N/A
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.