Where these jobs are in Australia
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Barristers plead cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification
Registration or licensing is required.
- receiving written information in the form of briefs and verbal instructions concerning cases from Solicitors, other specialist Legal Professionals and clients
- providing advice and written opinions on points of law
- conferring with clients and witnesses in preparation for court proceedings
- drawing up pleadings, affidavits and other court documents
- researching statutes and previous court decisions relevant to cases
- outlining the facts to the court, calling and questioning witnesses, and making addresses to the court to argue a client’s case
- providing opinion on complex legal issues
- may draw up or settle documents
271111 Barrister ANZSCO
Pleads cases before civil, criminal and industrial courts and other tribunals. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Long Term
- Queen’s Counsel
- Senior Counsel
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.