Where these jobs are in Australia
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Arboriculture Workers maintain and care for individual trees and shrubs and provide specialist assessment and advice on trees and tree management in urban environments.
- advising on species selection, site planning and overall tree management and care
- examining individual trees to assess their condition, potential risks associated with limbs or trees falling, and determine treatment
- climbing trees using ropes and harnesses and elevated work platforms to reach limbs and branches
- maintaining and caring for trees and shrubs by pruning limbs and shaping branches using chain and handsaws
- removing dead and decaying trees, and grinding out tree stumps
- clearing trees from overhead electricity and telecommunications lines
362511 Arborist ANZSCO
Provides specialist assessment and advice on individual trees and tree management in urban environments, including risk assessment, species selection and site planning. Works with allied professionals such as Urban and Regional Planners, Landscape Architects and Environmental Consultants to provide strategic planning for urban forest preservation, protection and management.
- AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least three years of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
Skill Level: 2
Skilled Occupations List: Short Term
- Urban Forester
- Arboricultural Consultant
362512 Tree Worker ANZSCO
Maintains and cares for individual trees and shrubs in urban environments by pruning and shaping branches, treating for pests and disease, removing dead or decaying trees, and advising on general tree care. Often employs specialist skills including aerial access of the tree using rope access or elevated work platforms.
- AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
- NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Skill Level: 3
Skilled Occupations List: N/A
- Tree Surgeon
- Utility Tree Worker
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.