Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/aquaculture-farmers?occupationCode=1211
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Aquaculture Farmers plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to breed and raise fish and other aquatic stock.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification
Whether the Education can be substituted with experience:
- Yes, at least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification.
- In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- planning and coordinating the operation of hatcheries and grow-out operations taking into account environmental and market factors
- coordinating and overseeing strategies to monitor the environment to maintain optimal growing conditions, minimise the impact of operations on the environment and manage biosecurity and other risks
- coordinating and overseeing strategies to monitor and maintain the health, welfare and condition of aquatic stock
- overseeing and undertaking breeding, feeding and nutrition programs
- overseeing transportation of aquatic stock to new tanks, ponds, cages and floating net pens
- coordinating and overseeing harvesting, grading, processing and packaging operations for aquatic stock
- directing and overseeing general farming activities including the provision and maintenance of farming infrastructure and equipment
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of aquatic stock
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- overseeing data collection and analysis and farm technology systems
- managing business capital including budgeting, taxation, debt and loan management
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
121111 Aquaculture Farmer ANZSCO
Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to breed and raise fish and other aquatic stock.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Regional
- Aquaculture Farm Manager
- Grow-Out Manager (Aquaculture)
- Hatchery Manager (Aquaculture)
- Oyster Farmer
The position predominantly involves responsibility for low‑skilled tasks.
Example 1: Rostering, maintaining records, reception duties and allocating duties to housekeepers, porters or doorpersons.
Example 2: Fruit picking or packing or feeding of livestock or animals.
Example 3: Truck driving.
The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.