Where these jobs are in Australia
Source from: https://labourmarketinsights.gov.au/occupation-profile/anaesthetists?occupationCode=2532
Job Summary of this Unit Group:
Anaesthetists provide direct medical care to patients requiring general or local anaesthesia for surgical, diagnostic and other procedures such as prevention of pain and maintenance of body function. Anaesthetic Registrars training as Anaesthetists are included in this unit group.
Bachelor degree or higher qualification
Two years hospital-based training
At least five years specialist study and training
Registration or licensing is required
- performing pre-operative examinations of patients to determine appropriate anaesthetic and sedation in concurrence with Specialist Physicians and Surgeons
- discussing the anaesthetic process with patients and obtaining their informed consent prior to surgery
- administering local, regional and general anaesthetics using a variety of methods such as inhalational and intravenous administration
- supervising the transfer of patients to operating theatres, positioning on operating tables, keeping patients warm, and responding quickly and accurately if any problems arise
- monitoring patients throughout surgical procedures and in immediate post-operative procedures
- recording details of anaesthetic and sedation administered, and the condition of patients before, during and after anaesthesia
- liaising with other health care workers to provide diagnosis and treatment for patients with chronic pain, and to diagnose and treat patients requiring intensive care or resuscitation
- may instruct medical, nursing, student and ancillary staff on the signs, symptoms and diagnosis of allergic and anaphylactic reactions to anaesthetic agents, and supervision and treatment of life-threatening emergencies
253211 Anaesthetist ANZSCO
Provides direct medical care to patients requiring general or local anaesthesia for surgical, diagnostic and other procedures such as prevention of pain and maintenance of body function. Registration or licensing is required.
Skill Level: 1
Skilled Occupations List: Regional
- Intensive Care Anaesthetist
- Obstetric Anaesthetist
- Pain Management Specialist
The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(16) of the Regulations).
Visa Plan is a firm of Australian migration lawyers who place their utmost focus on client satisfaction and providing top quality service. Visa Plan was founded with a mission to set a new standard for integrity and quality of service in the Australian migration industry. By focusing on the client experience, our team of dedicated, skilled and empathetic lawyers pride ourselves on treating each matter with the care and dedication they deserve. A law firm lives and dies by its reputation, as so do we.
You may check the credentials of our lawyers on this page.